The best swimming lessons drills, or swim team drills are ones that are easily repeatable, worthwhile, and require a few simple parts. The more complicated it gets, the less likely they’ll be useful.
Breaststroke Arms with Freestyle Kick
After streamline, swimmer does freestyle kick. After 5 kicks in streamline or “superman” swimmer does a breaststroke arm stroke with breath.
- Kick the entire time PROTIP! Kick through the breathing!!
- Focus on accelerating the arm strokes back into streamline
- Head should be looking down and in streamline when not doing arm stroke.
There are two main goals of this drill:
- When the hands move, they move quickly
- As the arms shoot forward, get the head back underwater and reach to fully extended streamline.