The best swimming lessons drills, or swim team drills are ones that are easily repeatable, worthwhile, and require a few simple parts. The more complicated it gets, the less likely they’ll be useful.
Breaststroke Arms with Freestyle Kick
After streamline, swimmer does freestyle kick. After 5 kicks in streamline or “superman” swimmer does a breaststroke arm stroke with breath.
- Kick the entire time PROTIP! Kick through the breathing!!
- Focus on accelerating the arm strokes back into streamline
- Head should be looking down and in streamline when not doing arm stroke.
There are two main goals of this drill:
- When the hands move, they move quickly
- As the arms shoot forward, get the head back underwater and reach to fully extended streamline.
Download Free Premium Lesson Plans
Subscribe for the free sample, stay subscribed for regular updates and more effective tools.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.