This swimming lessons game works best in a zero-depth pool; a pool which simulates a beach. There are a number of swimming skills that it works on, and many more depending on how creative your instructors or you are.
- Get a kickboard. This will be your “boat.”
- Every child in your class is a pirate or a treasure hunter. The instructor is the Captain. The captain steers the boat, the children go around it.
- Instructor does an alligator walk while pushing the “boat.”
- Children do alligator walks behind or around instructor and “boat” while hunting for treasure.
- When instructor / Captain gets to a certain point, throw toys or rings, out into the water and have the pirates/children/hunters go find treasure.
- Put rules on children, can only get treasure if they go underwater, or do a front float, or blow bubbles.
- Bring 1 piece of treasure back to the boat at a time. Stack the treasure on the boat.
- Alligator walk with bubbles on the way back, to help the boat laden with treasure move faster.
- OPTIONAL! Run into a storm and lose the treasure and find it again with new activity: back floats/underwater 2x/etc.
- Pull into harbor/where class began and give rewards for treasure; exmp: Buckethead!
This game works REALLY well to do alligator walks, underwater, and blowing bubbles IF the instructor is willing to suspend their disbelief and play with the children.
Excellent game for 2-5 years.
Download Free Premium Lesson Plans
Subscribe for the free sample, stay subscribed for regular updates and more effective tools.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.