Alligator walks are a great thing to do with novice and little swimmers. This game/activity is perfect for swimmers under 6 years old. This swimming lessons game is excellent!
This works best in a zero-depth pool (beach like simulated pool).
- Lay on your belly and use your arms to hold your head above the water. Start in the shallowest part of the pool
- Stretch your legs out behind you
- “walk” using your arms and kick your feet. Goal is to simulate front glides/floats but using arms to hold up.
- Encourage kids to blow bubbles, or look down and walk
- If bold, walk towards deeper water so kid’s arms are just long enough to keep mouth above water.
Use this game / activity in conjunction with games like Treasure Hunt, or other location based games.
PROTIP!! Go somewhere as a group doing Alligator walks, do something at that other location, then return to home with Alligator walks.
Download Free Premium Lesson Plans
Subscribe for the free sample, stay subscribed for regular updates and more effective tools.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.