Butterfly Drill: Pause, undulate, pause, undulate and stroke.
This drill is actually two steps.
- GO SLOW! Do not rush this drill.
- the Pause (P) is floating on the surface balanced, arms out straight above the shoulders, head in line, looking down.
- Undulate (U) is a fly body motion. Start with the chest pressing down, then roll through the legs. !!PROTIP!! Crucial to NOT use the head, or over exaggerate the legs. The body roll/undulation should very slightly PULL the body through the water.
- it is NOT a KICK.
- After 1 undulation pause for 3 seconds
- add the stroke portion.
- Remember! The last portion is undulate AND stroke.
- begin with a body undulation and press the chest down into the water.
- As the body presses down, press the hands forward and into the fly catch position.
- breathe on the pauses, and return to a solid float /balance position before beginning the next undulation.
Download Free Premium Lesson Plans
Subscribe for the free sample, stay subscribed for regular updates and more effective tools.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.