Pirate and Explorer
- Core skill: Diving, underwater swimming, and breath control.
- Who: Level 3 swimmers who can perform basic skills such as jumping in, pushing and gliding, log rolling, and swimming front and back crawl for 10 meters .
- What: A treasure hunt game where two teams compete to collect objects from the bottom of the pool while avoiding or tagging each other.
- Scatter some objects (such as rings, toys, coins, etc.) at the bottom of the pool. Make sure they are visible and safe to pick up.
- Divide the swimmers into two teams: pirates and explorers. The pirates wear caps or goggles of one color, and the explorers wear caps or goggles of another color.
- The explorers start at one end of the pool, and the pirates start at the other end. The goal of the explorers is to dive in, swim underwater, and collect as many objects as they can. The goal of the pirates is to stop the explorers from taking the objects by tagging them or stealing the objects from them.
- The explorers can only dive in once per turn, and they must surface before they run out of breath. They can use any stroke they want, but they must swim underwater for at least 5 meters. The pirates can dive in as many times as they want, but they must also surface before they run out of breath. They can only swim breaststroke or butterfly, and they must keep their heads above water when not diving.
- If an explorer is tagged by a pirate, they must drop any object they are holding and return to their end of the pool. If a pirate tags an explorer who is holding an object, they can try to steal it by catching it before it touches the bottom of the pool. If they succeed, they can keep it for their team. If they fail, the object remains in play for anyone to collect. The game ends when all the objects are collected or when the time runs out.
- The team with the most objects at the end of the game wins.
Join for FREE tools.
Download a free preview of our Premium Lesson Plans & unique SwimSheets.
Stay on our newsletter to enjoy more benefits like further free downloads, guides, and tools to make your swimming program better, easier, and more FUN!